Norfolk’s Healthy Environment Day 10 June
We’re gearing up for Norwich’s largest one-day celebration of the work of local organisations to protect and enhance the natural world! On June 10th, we’ll be outside St Peter Mancroft from 10am, alongside other stalls, exciting activities and insightful speakers, all organized by Norwich Friends of the Earth (FOE).
Norfolk’s Healthy Environment Day is part of the UK’s Great Big Green Week (GBGW), a nationwide initiative promoting environmental action. With over 25 participating organizations, including CPRE (Campaign for Rural England), The Broads Society, and The RSPB, this event will bring something for all the family, from games and face-painting to opportunities to learn about and contribute to the local environment.
Sarah Burston Norwich FoE’s Chair commented that “the 10th June should show people the absolutely marvellous range of people and organisations that we are privileged to have protecting our environment.”
- 2:30 Land and Growing Community Resilience -Joolz Thompson F IDM, iFarm
- 2:45 A Breath of Fresh Air- Prof Claire Reeves, UEA, DEFRA
- 3:00 Why is Norfolk’s Water so Precious -Tim Fisher Norfolk Rivers Trust
- 3:15 A city in an Orchard or an Orchard in a city? Healthy Urban Environments in 21st Century – Dr Noel Longhurst, UEA
- 3:30 Panel discussion Chaired by Dr Haley Pinto, The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare